Monday, July 7, 2008

More updates!

The wedding party is our family and oldest friends. The bridal party consists of Rena, Emme, Sophie, Jenny Inman & Stephanie Repine. Will, Jon Carrico, Mark Miller & Charlie Whelan are the groomsman. More pictures coming soon! We'll have to dig out some embarassing pictures of Charlie since he wasn't able to make it for our pictures so far.

April Reitze will be the photographer. She's from Louisville, very talented...check out her work www.aprilreitze.com. She will start 1 hour preceremony, 5pm, and stay through the reception. We will try to take all pictures before the ceremony but some of the wedding party (individuals with spouse/family) may be immediatley following. The pictures will post 1-2 weeks after the wedding and will be available on-line for everyone for 60 days.

Dr. Phil Points will be officiating the ceremony. He is Lucy's father and one of Rena's mentors from Transy. He is so kind and generous to do this for us. We are so excited!

As many of you know, I opted not to have an engagement ring (I've had lots of questions...). We looked, but I couldn't find anything that I loved (but I am leaving this option open for later :). When we looked for wedding bands, we wanted something simple, less traditional and more reflective of our style. We found a wonderful company through Artique in Lexington. It's a company out of northern california that is environmentally conscious, fair-trade with a stellar reputation (cruelty-free diamonds, etc.), Studio 311.

Tom found out his partner's deployment has been delayed. He & Steph will be in town on Thursday! They also have great news that Tom has accepted a position in an oncology practice in Kansas City...they will be moving next summer!

Until now, I wasn't aware I had blocked comments. Now anyone can post comments...so have fun. Also, please forward songs you would like to hear at the reception. There are some must have's on my list...a list will be posted soon. So start the requests! (no Britney, Whitney or Christina, please!)

**Please scroll down for current accommodation information.


tracy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you need any songs, let me know as I have 6000+ on my laptop.

I can't wait until the blessed event, I am so happy for you guys!!

Big Al